We at Fantasy Matters enjoy bringing you links like the ones in this post, and many of our other posts. Currently legislation in the House and Senate, known as the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect IP Act (PIPA), respectively, could potentially limit us from bringing you this content--even though we always give credit where credit is due--and, given the very uncertain way both of these bills are worded, could even shut down our site entirely. Instead of seeing fun Friday content, or interesting reviews of your favorite books and movies, you could instead see something like this:
Here is a helpful post that articulates many of the problems with these pieces of legislation. We would encourage you to become more informed about the issues at stake here, and if you have concerns like we do, contact your representatives and let them know how you feel. You can also become involved in the protests going on on January 18, including the blackout of Reddit.com; Paul Tassi at Forbes has a great suggestion for how to bring this protest to Facebook as well.
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming, with some more fun links!
- Salvador Dali's incredible illustrations for Alice in Wonderland. (William Bennet Gallery)
- It has been David Bowie week over at Tor, which has been a lot of fun. Also, voting is now open for their readers' choice awards. (Tor)
- Dr. Seuss meets the Joker. (DrFaustusAU at DeviantArt)
- Trying to lose weight after the holidays? These Daleks will exterminate your diet! (Ok, that was bad, but I couldn't resist.) (Neatorama)
- The beautiful, wonderful, magical "Joy of Books." (YouTube)
- Valuable things learned from books--Liberty Hardy's "Learn After Reading." (BookRiot)